Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The other groups

     Since my group had the conclusion chapter, we pretty much summed up what everyone else had to say. I think obesity is one of the biggest problems in america. Sure, we have terrorists out to kill us, but at this rate we're killing ourselves through poor eating habits and lack of exercise. People just aren't as active since the age of technology has progressed.
     I'll walk around campus and see kids riding around on those little hover boards. I hadn't seen them until i came to UNT, but i thought it was completely ridiculous. How do you get any physical activity if you cut the majority of your walking out of your day? When i walk campus for a day of classes i can usually reach my step goal which is 10,000. I can't even imagine cutting that much physical exercise from my day.
     Obesity is a tricky subject though. How do we sensitively tell someone they're "too fat"? what is "too fat"? Some people believe the government should stay out of the physical health issue, but i don't see the private sector fixing the problem. They continue to lure customers in with their sugary, fattening products for pure profit.
     As far as other groups performance goes, you have some groups that did an awesome job of communicating the information, and you have your groups that just stood up there and read straight from the powerpoint slide (personal pet peeve). I wish my powerpoint would have worked because i had a couple of really interesting, visual charts about bmi. I also wish my group would have put in more effort, but this is why they say group assignments suck, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment